Dear 4/5 multiage parents and students,
We hope this email finds you well and adjusting to the new “normal” that is learning and working from home. For the next couple of weeks we will establish a routine that will help you continue to learn, have fun and interact with your peers.
The structure of your learning will evolve and change. Starting out, some resources your child will be using for remote learning include:
- 3CX Phone System: We will use this web meeting platform to connect with your child for synchronous activities such as circle time. Teachers will post the meeting link on google classroom.
- Google Classroom: There, students will be able to see weekly assignments and expectations for each assignment. There will also be a space for students to post their questions on the work they are doing. See the following video for specific instructions for how to access Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgqtCi7hdo
Attached to this email you will find a .pdf document giving step-by-step instructions for logging into Google Classroom.
- Flipgrid: Students will use this platform to share their work with others. We will post a link to our specific flipgrids in google classrooms after we have talked to the students about this platform. You will use the mismt.org account information to access flipgrid. Here is a link to help you become familiar with this resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aZ523-HHBg
- Raz-Kids: Students will continue using this program to support their reading in Spanish and English. Your child’s teacher will provide them with their login information when we start this and will share it through Google Classroom.
- Typing.com: Students will use this to develop their typing skills. They should know their login information and Liz can tell them if they’ve forgotten it. Google classroom will provide a space for students to ask teachers questions and get answers.
- Google accounts: All students have a new password set along with their mismt.org username. If you need additional help with the password, please contact Becca (bho[email protected])
- 4/5 Blog: Updates on new information~ https://www.mismt.org/class-blogs/. We will continue to update our blog weekly.
Your day will be a combination of meeting online and using Google Classroom that will have links to assignments and activities. There will also be a menu of enrichment activities/brain breaks/activities in Google Classroom each week that will help you keep learning and inspire you once you’ve completed your core lessons.
9:00 -9:30 – Spanish
9:30 – Break if needed
10:00-10:30 – PYP
10:30-11:00 Morning homeroom circle through 3CX
1:00-2:00 PE / Art / Music – offscreen time
2:00- 2:30 English
2:00-3:00 Quiet time/mindfulness/Reading
3-3:30 Closing homeroom circle ( visit Flipgrid comment on videos)
When you work from home it’s important to:
- Find a space where you can concentrate, and have your electronic device and academic materials near you.
- Explore Google Classroom using your mismt.org account to login (see attached pdf)
- Stay positive, be kind to yourself and interact with your loved ones around you.
- Communicate with Ibrahin or Liz if you have any questions.
- Use this link to gather ideas for breaks.
Parents: Feel free to contact Liz ([email protected]) or Ibrahin ([email protected]) if you have any questions or concerns. We will have frequent access to email outside of the real time learning classes. We will respond as quickly as possible during the regular school hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. During the “office hours” below, we will be available for a more rapid response.
|Liz ([email protected])||M-F from 1-2pm|
|Ibrahin ([email protected])||M-F from 2-3pm|
We will officially begin remote learning on Monday, March 30th. Take some time this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to explore Google classroom and the links provided in it.
The 4/5 multiage team: Liz and Ibrahin